View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I haven't measured the contacts, but what would be considered "extremely high" pressure? I'm getting somewhere between 110-150 PSI, depending on ambient temps, on the low side with AC off after parking approximately 5-6 hours. With AC on, it varies between 35-45 PSI when the compressor is turning. I haven't tried to measure the high side yet, so I don't know what it's at when the clutch slips, but the AC does seem to cool just fine when not slipping.

I doubt that a problem has developed in the wiring, but oil is a possibility given the age of the car and the fact that over the past couple of years, the PS system has been steadily losing more and more oil to the heat shield. Some of that "smoil" has covered parts of the engine and possibly contaminated the clutch face. Hopefully, I can clean, or at least visibly asses any problems with the clutch if I can find some info on how to disassemble it with ordinary tools.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
If you have good power and ground at the field and no oil on the clutch face you have a problem that isn't the clutch.

The only clutch slippage I've ever witnessed has been due to a seizing compressor or extremely high pressure.