View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I wonder Trevor if that lady had ever driven an early 90s Honda Prelude with 4ws? And then convinced herself the SVX was behaving the same?

The Prelude, at least some of them, had also a 4ws set-up.

The control system in the Honda was set to turn the wheels the same direction as the front steer axle beyond certain speeds, maybe about 50km/h, not sure on that. As Phil mentions, this makes for rapid lane changes on the motorway, and good stability.

At parking speeds, the rear wheels in the Honda turned the opposite way to the front steer axle. In theory this meant the car could turn quickly into a tight space. In practice, particularly if you were not a good parker, it meant you might be put out a little by the car turning in faster than you expected.

It is possible she may have had trouble with a Honda, then changed to an SVX with 4ws, and convinced herself she did not like it, knowing it had also got 4ws, but not knowing it was different.

I have seen ads for the SVX describing that it accelerates quickly when the "turbo" comes in I'd say these people genuinely think the SVX has a turbo, because the Power mode comes on.

Joe
Merry Christmas Joe,

There was no confusion with a Honda and as it was described to me the SVX is the same in reverse. No one took to this stuff and the sales depts quickly took note.

I had a friend who had a Honda with AWS and I tried it for handling, by way of interest. As a result there is no way I would own an AWS vehicle and I had this in mind when I purchased my SVX.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!