Thread: Hit And Run
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
UniqueAngle

Best of luck with the hit'n'run. I got tagged ~2 years ago in my previous car. Got the plate, there were witnesses (one of which even chased the gal & pulled her over). Still, took approx 9 months for them to identify who was driving, then another year + to get her into court. It's now over 2 years later & she's got some sorta plea-bargain deal (she landed a significantly shortened jail sentence).

More specifically, the gal was driving someone else's car. The owner of the car was not insured (and lies lots, tried to "protect" his friend). The driver of the car was (1) not insured, (2) driving on a suspended lic, (3) now responsible for leaving the scene of an accident, (4) has a list of prior drug convictions. How'd they find her - a car with the same plates that were on the one that hit me - was pulled over for speeding and it matched the info in the computer.

Needless to say, that car she hit was effectively totalled and at over 2 years from the date of the acccident, I still haven't seen a dime for damages. Ao, like I said, best of luck.