View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
P0748 Code Question

Well, as an SVX owner I was ALMOST not surprised as I drove away from my home, packed for a week-long, 1200 mile trip to see my Sis in Portland, to have my Ebony pop a CE light 50 yards down the street! First one since taking possession of her. Luckily I had another car available to repack and leave with little lost time, and only a few choice words . Just figured she wanted to stay home rather than brave wet and questionable weather. Ron (NeedForSpeed) and I had her out the previous (SUNNY) day for a cruise and she performed flawlessly.

On return, I pulled a P0748 "Bad ground; short to batt or open circuit in Pressure Control Solenoid A." Searching the forum threads it sounds like it could have been a fluke, or..? My question involves the Dropping resistor and the car's current "small-car shift kit". I checked that the DR was connected, and found nothing else amiss. I'm preparing to remove this kit, and install the Quick Change I purchased for her. I'll be doing a fluid change prior, and wonder at this point if the QC install is a good idea until I'm sure the solenoid isn't an ongoing problem? Anyone? Harvey?

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket