View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Problems?

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

that's no excuse for a $36,000 car. Subaru had better wake up and start rectifing these problems that keep occuring year after year (paint, transmissions, alternators).

Problems? The paint is equal in quality to any over car in the price class. Most BMWs have orange peel! EVERY Lamb. has mismatched paint! Jag well its a Jag . As for problems. Remember, Consumer Reports had the SVX as a Recommended Vehicle up until about 96 or 97. Reason why it wasn't on there after that is simple. There wasn't enough SVX owners sending in their questionaires. Its not like they rate cars themselves, they simply go by what the actual owners report. When compared to other cars in its class it was and still is one of the most reliable vehicles sold. How many people do you know of that have driven a Vette to 100+K. Now how much do you think it would cost to mantain at that point? The Stealth/3000? You do know that a tranny for this car is upwards of $7k installed. Nissan 300zx? Clutch is good for about 50-100k depending on driving and will cost ya a good $1000. Sorry I know virtually nothing about the RX7 just like 98% of the mechanics in the world .

If you want a car that doesn't have problems sell your SVX and spend $5k to much on a Honda. Granted, you'll probably fall asleep behind the wheel and total the thing but at least you won't have to complain about the money you put into your car. You'll just have to spend 5xs as much time looking for it in the parking lot.

Sorry, I'm still a little salty over the Pittsburgh loss this weekend. A win over Notre Dame would've made my year!!!