Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Yeah, I am still struggling with myself if I want a FMIC or TMIC. I like the legacy's subdued look.. heck I love the impreza RS hoods too! lol However, I have also contemplated getting the other svx open mouth bumper from Dayle..
Well for what it's worth I'll offer my opinion. You would be best suited by using the system that works best, rather than go for style or looks.

That will be dictated by the highest pressure you intend to run, plus the efficiency of the cooler you install. There are plenty of experienced turbo people here who will probably agree that the FMIC has major advantages in terms of size and air throughput, putting it as front runner if your ultimate goal is horsepower. They will still have the disadvantages of long feed pipes though.

The Legacy style looks neat, and will work perfectly well if you buy an efficient one. However, to make one work in the SVX it will take more than just a slot in the hood. There is not enough clearance. You would need a 'bump' in the hood under the air slot to accommodate the cooler. Personally I think this would look the proverbial dog's b.......x, but it is extra bodywork.

Best of luck with the deliberation.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl