View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Tow ropes are very handy and the SVX is a good puller. I have video I need to shrink and get online of one SVX pulling another SVX back onto firm ground after it had smashed up onto a snow bank and tipped over the edge of a ditch. That one took a bit of effort on the part of the SVX doing the towing, but it came through in the end.

There was a post on here YEARS ago about someone using their SVX to pull stumps one weekend. They had pictures and everything. I think I'd find another method before I did that.

My favorite personal Subaru towing story though is back when I had my '88 GL-10 wagon. I was driving on a sandy beach and parked in some loose sand next to a F-150. When I got back to my car the truck was stuck trying to move out of the sand (for Ford's sake I hope it was a 2 wheel drive). I offered to tow him out. He kinda laughed as his truck probably outweighed the Subie 2:1. I thought it was worth a try and we hooked up. I got in, definitely felt the pull on the rope for a moment, then the truck popped up out and was rolling behind me. Then the guy jumps out all excited and says he never even got a chance to put it into gear, he was still in neutral! Subaru rules!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...