View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 07:04 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I can't just weld the primary's back in... They are shot... When my old engine was in there, just after the rebuild process wos complete, they got cooked... I mean to the point of GLOWING a bright orange... After that, and after my new engine, I have been getting a slight reduction in power (just barely) and more rattling... I don't have any heat shields, so that is eliminated... The only thing that I could think (because my girlfriend was riding behind me when I roasted the cats last summer and saw chunks of glowing "metal" coming out of the exhaust) is that my CATS are shot... That is why I am examining some possibilities... As far as daily driving the car, I don't... Infact, I haven't driven the SVX in over 2 weeks... It is now my toy/autocrosser/weekend car... My Diesel VW is my daily driver and will continue to be (with fuel prices the way thatt they are).... Anyway, I would like to go with some form of CAT in the exhaust. I just don't know any good brands out there... The idea about punching out the CATS was really just me being courious of what it would sound like... Also, anyone know the diameter of the pipe to and from the Primary CATS??

Thanks guys

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...