View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
The Camaro is a live axle dinosaur that has been tune to just about it's limit.

Ever hear the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? A live axle setup is just about as sports car as you can get. It's light, cheap, rock-solid (the rear in the camaro can handle 500hp from the factory), and also conducts power more efficiently than any other setup there is. The 390hp Cobra has an independent rear and gets smoked by the 345hp live axle Trans Am. Nuff said. The last part of that statement makes me wonder if you know anything about any V8 engine. The factory Camaro SS has a 325hp LS-1 that is well capable of turning over 600hp without any mods to the lower end of the engine. This engine has won more awards than honda's entire line. Bet you didn't know that. Yeah tuned to it's limit.

The Corvette is an all-out road warrior and a true sports car.

Word. In fact, in the terms we are speaking, the Corvette could be referred to as God.

Even the slow in straight line 2.5 rs is a nice performing auto.

Did I say it wasn't?

Should i bring up the 2.8 camaros of the past?

Why not? They were at least sports cars. Albeit underpowered and overweight, they nonetheless weren't trying to be something the weren't.

dude - I was poking fun for most of this but you are certifiably crazy if you think a camaro handles better at speed than an svx.

Where did I say that? Someone was talking about creaking and rattling in the Camaro. One of my neighbors has two 1987 Trans Ams (on GTA and one GT), both are rock solid compared to any of the three SVXes i've ridden in (not to mention the 5th gen T/A's even ride BETTER than the X). However, I said nothing about handling.