View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
But then, I forget so soon. Its just a "family car" with a lot of HP. That means its not respectable at all.

This is what I have been trying to say all along, but some people insist that you just can't criticize the STI. You can criticize any car as we have shown in this argument.

I have said TIME AND TIME AGAIN there is nothing wrong with the STI, if you are looking for a people carrier with some power. That's great. It looks awesome, handles well and has plenty of power. But I bet even it's creators will tell you it's not meant to compete with all out sports cars. That's my point. No matter how much power you put into it, it's not a true sports car. For instance...look at Bentleys and the like. Most of them are as fast as any Ferrari. Do you see R&T doing Ferrari vs Bentley shootouts? Never. That's ridiculous cause the cars are built with two different purposes. Same here. The STI is a pumped up economy car, the factory Camaro is just the starting point for an all out road warrior. Different? Yes.

Some of you look at the STI as an all-out sports car. So let's just agree to disagree. I have alot of respect for those who participated in this argument because with very few exceptions you all conducted yourselves like true enthusiasts. I hope i did the same. Thanks for the STI lesson. I learned alot during this "adventure", and that is my primary goal when i conduct such a discussion.