View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 04:03 PM

Custom Information System

So while I'm fiddling with my SVX and fighting it's issues, I realized how great it would be if I had a system that could give me more information than checking CEL's could.

I also know of the interface that would allow you to go from SVX to USB to get live data, which gives quite a bit of information.

That's the kind of thing I'd be thinking of recreating, but with 2 major differences. 1: It'll give more information and 2: It would be a permanent attachment that gives quick information and could also have stereo functions and accessory automation built in as secondary functions.

I'd like for the system to be able to give-
- Engine Speed
- Vehicle Speed
- O2 sensor, MAF, TPS, and coolant sensor reading
- A/F ratio
- injector info
- Fuel pressure, manifold vacuum pressure, and exhaust back pressure
- Transmission/ AWD system info
- Electrical System (Alternator and battery voltage, power draw through the different circuits
- ABS info
- Instantaneous and average fuel mileage

I'm thinking at this point that it would run on a PC of some sort with a small screen and some sort of physical interface with either some existing software with some modifications or, most likely, new software to be compatible with the stereo and automation functions.

I feel that if we are going to drive a car that looks like a spaceship, why not give it tech of a space ship?

Any thoughts? I probably wouldn't even start work on something like this for quite a while since I'm so busy fixing the regular issues to make new ones for myself

92 SVX project/daily -112,000 miles (Sold)
91 Legacy Battlewagon -242,000 miles (RIP old girl)