Thread: My Super Build
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 PM
boostin to the outer space

Re: My Super Build

i am not looking to max the turbos rather rely more on the valvetrain mod and less on them. I am planning to go up to 550hp rather than 550whp with those turbos.

i originally wanted to do a turbo build with a smaller budget but then thought to wait a bit more time and do it right without sacrificing quality which is a priority.

so i will start with a solid base structure and then the peripherals can be upgraded later on. by solid structure i mean eliminating the word "i could have..." which equals all the best engine components. so the big bux goes to the valvetrain with the highest lift and solid internals like the pistons, new crankshaft, rods, arp's, etc.

and a 6 speed is a must here, and you know its limitations. hence bounding myself for now with 550hp with a couple of low mileage 100$ turbos

RA gears and larger turbos can go next if 550hps are not sufficient

for cooling, water to air will be installed, already bought. i read somewhere on this forum that the internal block has heat traps, which worries me the most and i need to pinpoint it for the project to move on.

Last edited by Giugiaro; 08-19-2009 at 02:12 PM.