Thread: subaruparts.com
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
On my Landcruiser forum, the parts manager at one of the dealers is also an active member in the forum. Consequently, we all enjoy a nice price point and a vast amount of knowledge from this particular member. Anytime you need to order parts for a project, he'll tell you the part numbers and prices, right down to the nuts and bolts.

Is there such a member in this forum who also works at a parts counter at a Subi dealer? I think we have a couple of subi techs but don't of any parts persons. Obviously, certain dealers seem to have a better pricing structure even though every dealer is pulling from the same master warehouse.

Case in point, I did a search on my a/c condenser. I called the local dealer, Langston, and subaruparts...all said that there's only one left in the country and all had the same exact list price. Langston didn't offer any discount to me but maybe that's because I didn't know the magic password! So I ended up buying it from Subaruparts. I found this to be true with my Landcruiser parts as well. They all hit the same database of some sort but the two dealers that give us the best price also happen to have the same exact price point! I think Liberty and Subaruparts seem to have the same price point as well.

I wonder:
-can any dealers offer the same discount?
-why are Subaruparts, Langston and Liberty able to offer better pricing than my local? Is it due to volume?
-why can't my freaking local dealer offer the same discount? Those rat bastards could have my money long time ago if this was the case!

Sorry about the rattle....!

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E