View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 07:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I hate to say it but there have been a few occasions like that for me in the years since I have been interested in the car.

Most memorable was when I had a phone call after my SVX appeared in the used car review in Unique Cars.....a guy looking, correction, DEMANDING advice on his SVX (shifting funny apparently...hums JAWS theme!).....I thought that I recognised the voice/tone and asked him whether he had a charcoal grey one...this freaked him out but which was nothing compared to when I told him his rego!!! I had seen this car around 2 years previously and went up to chat to the fellow who was as rude as the guy you dealt with!!

Needless to say, I told him to contact his local Subaru dealership and ended the call...wonder how he liked the $5000 qoute to fix a tranny!!

Wicked I know, but I really had no inclination to assist someone who had carried on like that and clearly had a 'GIMMIE GIMMIE' personality - if he eventually finds our group it will be because he had to look himself because I was not going to tell him, definitely was not someone that I wanted on cruises or meets.

Damn...having withdrawal symtoms again!

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!