View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 AM

Phew!

Hi Karin

I am very relieved that the svx in question was not yourself or your husband (well I knew it wasn't you!) because I was rather taken aback by the lack of interest shown by your neighbor.

I will now give you a precise account of what happened on that fateful afternoon.

I pulled into the street where I spotted your svx - near the fire station (makes sense) and a surf board shop. It's a small street with the ocean at the end. I parked behind your svx and started waiting. Then I realised that the interior of my svx was looking less than perfect. Why do men keep the interior of their car so spotless always and women have so much more trouble getting that 'fresh out of the showroom/car detailers' look? To pass the time waiting for ? to come back I quickly set to work to get mine to the standards of Jason or Paulie. This involved:

Putting Chris’s hiking boots and one of my shoes from last Saturday night in the boot along with a gym towel, sun shade thing, coke bottle, water bottle. Then I noticed the door and removed: parking tickets from the mall, petrol receipts, notes, mentos wrappers, picnic wrapper, gum wrapper. Nail polish, moisturizer, bracelet & hair brush…. A number of cds, some of which were missing a cover- these had been strategically placed (within reach of driver’s seat) to areas where scratch potential was lowest.

Believe it or not I almost always throw my rubbish in the bin and I clean the car out every 10 days when I wash it! Anyway, I’m loosing track of my story.......

By the time I had finished there was nothing but my bag on the passenger seat so I turned svx around and parked opposite yours and continued waiting. 5 mins later a man walked over to your passenger door. yay! He opened it and I got out of my car and walked over. Here is the convo we had:

me: 'hi'
him: 'hi'
me: 'nice svx'
him: grunt
me: 'I have an svx too'
him: 'i can see that'
silence
him (as he walked off with ciggarette...) ....'checking the surf'

me: flabbergasted, shaking head

I walked back to my car and got in and looked in the mirror and he was at the end of the street. I wasn't sure if he was coming back to talk but I wasn't going to give him the time after that convo so I pushed my foot to the floor and took off. Now it all makes sense- he wasn't really the owner and clearly had not idea of how fantastic svx’s really are.

6 days until we leave manly for good!

BTW Jason- I think your area has the highest per capita svx ownership in Sydney so no complaining thanks

Moshol

ps don't be too annoyed at him- he was in the dark!