View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 03:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Body work need some advice

Quote:
Originally posted by tomssvx
Now i am no novice to bondo and such, but this perplexes me. I bought an ebony 94lsi recently that needed some body work. I can do most of it w/ no problem. the one spot that worries me is the rear pass quarter panel. this includes the wheel well gas tank lid and wraps around to the back. I will post pics of the spot this weekend. Would it be a better idea to try and located a new quarter and install or is this an impossible task? i have yet to look deeply into what hold this together but i i will this weekend. So what i need to know is

Does the quarter panel come off?

Would it be a pretty simple job or require cutting and welding?

Should I try to cut away damaged areas and try to reshape it?

Any input is appreciated
can i make a bit of advice???
now that you are doing some body work on your car, why don't you widen the rear fenders a little bit to the outside so that they can englobe the 8.5 wheels instead of 7.5. I did it on my SVX while bodywork was in process. they do not look very much deviated from stock, the difference is negligeable, but you can install 8.5 wheels and getting superb stability and grips on roads.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.