Thread: I'm a Sinner!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 10:04 AM
mark10t

I'm a Sinner!

I hadn't checked in here in a while (still been 'way' busy with the new house, but it's just about done-done), but I thought I'd better get the error codes for my sputtering SVX. It doesn't like to be started 'cold'... I'll report back later.

In the meantime.........

Forgive me brethren, for I have sinned!.......

My wife deserved some new wheels. Her '95 Outback has accumulated over 160,000 miles and she's probably due for a 'change of scenery'. The car still runs great (our daughter-in-law has 'inherited' it), but she wanted something new- an S-U-V - UgHH!! (big, boring, and very un-sporty). I was hoping she might be interested in a 3.0 Outback; she was originally quite thrilled with the prospects of an STX (the Baja), but Subaru kind of screwed that up taking out the supercharged engine and the fold-down rear wall. (All it's got is this little pass-through hole for long stuff- I can do better than that with my SVX!)

We looked at a bunch of vehicles including Kia Sorento and Jeep Liberty and happened to stumble into something relatively new at the Mpls. Auto Show. We ended up getting her a Land Rover Freelander. Surprisingly, you can get a Freelander for just under $25,000. The Freelander design was overseen by their BMW ownership, so this Land Rover knows how to take a corner (Autobahn bred.). At least I'm happy that she decided on something that is in the same 'spirit' as a Subaru and not some big, heavy box on wheels. After about 8 Subaru's since 1981 she 'jumps ship'.

Thanks for having me; we'll chat again soon.

-Mark