View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 11:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: tranny

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobb
Hi Nick, Are you going to have your tranny fixed by Reading? I got a rebuilt trans from AA subaru last summer. I had put in a new radiater in '01. I had all hoses,filters ,etc replaced at that time. also needed trans mount. You are a brave man to drive an SVX w/ a bad tranny. My wife and I are going over for the meet on Thursday, so hope to see you there. BOBB
I wasn't aware that there was a meet Thursday. That's my racquetball night, but I'll see what I can do. Is there a thread you can refer me to?

Reading's a tough call. Right now, I'm going to have to say no. Even if I could get the car together by then, it's unlikely that the roads will be salt-free. My car hasn't seen the past two winters, and I don't plan on putting it back into salty road conditions. Ever.

As for the tranny, I'm buying a used one with relatively few miles on it. Hopefully that one will last me a few years because I really can't afford to do a $3000 dealer rebuild. My plan is to someday rebuild my old tranny myself.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 03-10-2003 at 01:27 PM.