View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Re: Parts Cars in Wrecking Yards

Any news?

It looks like I'll be in down-town Chi-town on Saturday...

A late calendar year 93 build date could be a 1994 model year. I thought all model-year 1993 cars were red, for Subaru's anniversary.

Unfortunate that it is wrecked, because that is just the sort of car that I would like... I love blue SVXs... Oh, well... maybe it will get me some parts for mine.

I suppose they are literal about "YOU pull it..." does one have to bring their own tools? What sort of neighborhood is this place in?

If the driver's seat is OK, I'd have to figure out how to fit it, along with 4 wheels and tires in my Legacy's trunk and back seat... unless I can get the bosch relay mod done on my SVX tomorrow...

Otherwise I don't want to be stranded with a non-starting car that far from home, which is why I am planning on using the Legacy...

If it has some pieces under the hood, covers and such... and a good grey leather driver's seat, and perhaps a good rear seat back... and maybe some dash pieces...

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 09-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.