View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 PM

Re: Parts Cars in Wrecking Yards

A blue 93?

I thought all 93s were red? Any chance it has an intact grey leather interior?

I am headed to Chi-town next weekend for a set of SVX wheels and tires anyway... a good condition grey leather driver's seat, and some other miscellaneous parts would be welcomed if I am going to be there anyway, I won't have to ship a heavy driver's seat... and I REALLY could use a better driver's seat.

Even if it is is a cloth car, I could use the grey dash pieces, to convert over from the weird 92 woodgrain.

I hope I can haul it all in my Legacy. I don't know anyone with an operational pickup that I can easily borrow, and the SVX probably doesn't hold much more, maybe a little less... and that insidious starting issue is not something I want to strand me hundreds of miles from home just now...

Is the car badly wrecked? as I said, maybe some good interior parts, and a few other bits that I could really use.

I am sorry to hear that it is a blue car. I would really, REALLY love a blue SVX... If I had the means, I would have another SVX PAINTED blue, if I had to...

Maybe i'll be really lucky, and they'll have a 1999-2000 Miata with a black interior... I need a black passenger door card and a knee-panel under the steering column... and maybe the better 2001-2005 center console...

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 09-18-2009 at 11:33 PM.