View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to pipedream
Hmm. I do have my exhaust system extensively modified, but for some reason I thought I had the smell even before I re-did the exhaust. For kicks, I'll go back to the exhaust place and see if they have any thoughts similar that may be able to track it down...

Also, what do you mean by fluting in this particular application?

Thank you VERY much for your help. I'll see if I can't get access to a buffer and try out what you're saying.

-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
A rotten egg smell to me means a problem with the cats. I'm sure other answers will follow.......How was your last emissions test?

There is the clear lens kit sold by a member of this board, which is sold on eBay here -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...spagenameZWDVW

The lens kit does not have fluting.

Personally, I use a plastic polish and a high speed buffer. I open the hood, pour the polish on the polishing disk, and give them a 45 second special per lens. It puts them back showroom clear, but fades back to dull/slight yellow within a few months. but.... Then I just do it again.

Doing it by hand with plastic polish is a lost cause. It has to be with a buffer, or a drill with a buffer attachment.