View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Blackbir2001

You are right - I have confused things. What I was trying to say was that the gearchange seemed much more liesurely than my previous SVXs. I drove it for about 150 miles on Wednesday and I did not feel comfortable with it; it seemed to be reluctant to change down a gear unless I really floored the accelerator when the downshift was almost immediate. But, gentle prodding of the accelerator gave to very leisurely progress and sometimes it felt like it was reluctant to accelerate and just slowly gathered speed. Having driven two other SVXs, the gearchange seemed very different. Perhaps this is because the JDM were in 'economy' by default whereas the UK SVX is in 'power' by default. But, the feel of the JDM machines in power is very different from that of the UK machine in 'normal' mode.
I took it for a short run this morning, and it felt better - perhaps the 'problems' I am seeing only appear when it is warm.
I have run the diagnostics on the transmission and they show nothing wrong Perhaps it is my perception.
However, I will check the fluid as you suggest and maybe have it changed anyway, just in case.