View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptar_head View Post
They put them to 120psi. Yes, one-hundred and twenty.
I filled a low tire in a legacy at a truck stop once... I saw FREE AIR AND WATER, so I took it. I didn't know it was for trucks and RVs
In like a second my tire went from 20ish to 120ish... with no other air around and making 3 unsuccessful stops for air I just held in the stem for a bit and drove a few hundered miles home in a blizzard. When I put a gauge on it the next day it was still at 87psi... it did make a little noise, but I corrected it and to my surprise have had no ill effects result I bet that only happened at a walmart for the same reason.... they cater to RVs and the kid grabbed that chuck. The gauge on the one I used didn't allow you to see the numbers until you squeeze the valve, and then its too late

-EDIT-
By the way, tire psi and speed rating are actually all part of your car's suspension system. It has more to do with how your car responds to the road than it does in allowing you to go fast. As your suspension gets older it isn't a bad idea to increase your psi a little. I really agree with a lot of the statements I’ve read in this thread
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 12-17-2007 at 07:43 AM.