View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Okay, Alan, just for you I overcame the nearly irresistable inertia of my laziness. I swiveled my chair 180 degrees, using as few muscles as possible, and asked my friend about his Legacy and the stereo stuff.

He tells me that the faceplate over the stock stereo can be replaced with one from Japan that includes the hardware required to install aftermarket stereo stuff.

I had to stare at the back of his head for a good ten minutes before I regained the strength to turn back around and type you this message.

Now I need a nap.
i didn't want to put you through all that trouble, considering i don't even own a Legacy, but while browsing the main Legacy board (legacygt.com) at work while bored, i found no such mention of that. from what i read, the climate controls and audio is integrated on a circuit board behind the faceplate. maybe they are all idiots, but from what i saw it would be a little more difficult than a JDM faceplate swap.

i saw many on the board from Japan, etc, that have the Nav system, McIntosh audio, etc, and i would think they would mention the easy JDM faceplate swap.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 11-11-2004 at 02:53 PM.