Thread: 60-0 Braking...
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

60-0 Braking...

Got a G-tech Pro performance meter over the Xmas holiday and decided to test my 60-0 braking performance tonight.

Conditions: 48*, all-season Bridgestones tires on stock wheels, 1/3 tank of gas. My car was equipped with stock rotors and Auto-Specialty semi-metallic brake pads. Each run was done 3 minutes apart.

Did two timed runs on the same remote flat stretch of road and braked at approximately the same point on the road.

My first attempt was scratched due to a mistake on my part (still threshold braked from 60mph though). Next two runs had the stopping distances of:

124ft

128ft

In the next 2-3 weeks I'll be ordering slotted only rotors and Axxis semi-metallic pads (front & rear) from Ben at RaceConcepts. I'll then repeat this test (with conditions as similar as possible) to see if there is any measurable improvement in braking performance. Should be fun!

-Chike

P.S. BTW, stopping from 60mph in 124ft felt pretty darn cool. Just proves that the SVX with factory rotors can still stop in distances which are excellent by today's standards.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 01-26-2005 at 08:45 PM.