View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
Hi Chris, the front cats are an integral part of the SVX exhaust design. They are accounted for in the operation of the system. Even the non catalytic models like Danny's, that can run leaded fuel, have the cat box with the ceramic brick in there, just not coated with the catalytic metals, to allow the system to work right.

If you want to remove them, it is better to replace them with pipe, if you just punch the brick out of them, you will end up with two empty chambers that will lose you some low end torque.

Harvey.
p.s. Do you know that Lions brewery is trying to buy Coopers, this must never happen.
Yeah, I figured that the CATS were definitly a part of the Exhaust design and that if I removed the materieal I'd loose that torque down low that gives me the advantage over a good number of WRX's on the AutoX course.... The thing is though, What to replace them with??? Straight pipes are pretty much out of the question. That changes the exhaust even more... Replacement "High-flow" CATS sound like a great idea, however they are so $$$$.... Does anyone know of a High-Flow CAT that will fit where the two primary CATS are on the SVX??? I'd prefer an all Metallic CAT (Like the Random Technoligies CATS) that flows around 400cfm and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

Harvey, I didn't know that coopers was up for sale!??!?! That's terrible!!! !!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...