Thread: Happy Holiday,
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2001, 05:34 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: July 4th Experience

Quote:
Originally posted by montypython
Hope you all had a great day.
Let's recap the day so far. My wife *asked* me to go and watch the parade with her. I went to the never freaking ending parade and stood in the 90 degree heat for about 2 hours when I decided that as the IGA store is on the parade route we should walk there and pick up a box o' wine. We went in, got the box o' wine and a few lotto tickets...walked out and you guessed it, the never ending parade was still going on! We watched from a shaded area for about ten more minutes and looking down the parade route saw that we couldn't even see the end of the never ending parade at that point. That's when my wife said, "I've seen all I need to see".

This is a little city, why have a 3 hour parade in 90 degree heat...tons of people had had enough also and were walking back to home or their cars. I felt kind of bad for the folks that spent money and time and got placed last...half the people were leaving when we did.

Now for the big event, we get to climb Tubbs hill and watch the fireworks extravaganza<sp>! That's going to be special! Mobs of morons blowing off illegal fireworks on a hill that has extremely dangerous for the fire danger sign...

I love the fourth of July, I put out 5 flags this year. But this is getting too ridiculous. Oh well we beat them dang redcoats (that was fer you Joe )