View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Driving in Style

Re: ECUTune Stage III twin screw supercharger sign up

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
They didn't fit under the hood as well as I had hoped. We had to use the smallest pulley possible, mess with the engine mounts, put spacers in the sub frame, and remove the insulation under the hood above the pulley to get clearance.

At that time the ECUtune firmware changes were not the "aggressive" versions we use now. AKA they required the ECU to use the knock sensors to learn in a large amount of advance on top of the primary ignition table. A couple cars did this well--many did not.

We were originally going to have the fabrication work done by someone else but somehow I ended up doing it myself and the machine work was done on a small, cheap, chineese, manual mill and lathe. The manifolds and pulleys were really beyond the capacity of the machines and as a result are a bit rough. With access to a nice big CNC mill it actually wouldn't be a big deal to clean the machine work up and true up the mating surfaces if I came accross one of the ones I made back then but I would definitely do so.

So long story short just the originals were made and they could use some refinement.

Dang... I swear I have seen supercharged SVXi out there. Are they from a different source? One-off creations? I want a bit more power in my SVX, the 5 speed is amazing, but a little more zip would sure be nice. Anyone selling one of these old kits by chance? :-)

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD