View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I found this BEAUTIFUL photo on a German website (but the car appears to be RHD)

It should be Bordeaux Pearl, but it looks too dark and rich...
It could be Claret, but the interior appears to be beige... anyway ENJOY!

That car looks to be a JDM S4 to me. Certainly it is not German or English, it has no nozzles for the headlights pressure washers.
Also it has the square [ish] Japanese number plate shape. Euro front plates are long and narrow, all information on one line.

The colour is sure to be Bordeaux, and it highlights for me an inherent problem with the colour tone in photos in general and digitial shots in particular. Both of the Bordeax shots on this page look completely different.

The one next the silver from the brochure looks red and vibrant, while the German shot looks almost deep enough to be Claret. No doubt stood side by side and eyeballed, they would look the same. With no disrespect to Bordeaux owners, in real life Bordeaux looks "flatter" than either of these pictures.

Likewise for the Ruby Mica colour. I happen to also think it is gorgeous, but it is one of those colours that also renders different with every camera, every different light situation. In Real Life, Ruby Mica can look like it has a lot of pink. No harm in that, but I do suspect it will look its very best with the black roof and boot lid [or Ebony Pearl! ]

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl