View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Holy revival batman!

To mr. Excess- Good find. That gives Mike621 a good idea of what his car will look like all claret with tan interior (Thumbs up btw)

to odepaj- Tweaking the ruby mica would consist of very little. Mabey a bit chunkier of a pearl for a mroe dramatic flop, or a heavier metallic.

to PDSides- (Complex colors) Lol, tell me about it....Colormatching is my job! Its especially difficult when your colormatching technolagy is lifted from the old testament. Im not concerned with metallic colors' inherent spray sensitivity, as Ill be entrusting the actual painting to an anal retentive painter with 15 years experiance and a magazine car under his belt. All the prep work will be done by an equally anal retentive prep work guy....Me.

to Alcyone Daze- No worrying about maaco here

Since this thread has been started, I have totalled the car I was plannign to paint. It would have required more than its fair share of body filler for dings. On top of that it the paint had more chips than frito-lay. I have since picked up a new daily driver svx that I wanted to paint in a diffrent scheme. Unfourtunantly...There was already two body shops on it...One that did a GREAT job, but skimped out on materials..and another that was obviously clueless. To go over their work would require more effort than a daily drivng R-title car is worth. I am now in possesion of a black svx that I'd like to make flawless. Unfourtunantly..its black, so thats impossible. It'd be easier to repaint it than to make it meet my obsessive standards (If you have ever looked at black the way I have, you would probly go insane)Luckily, this is a great color change canidate! It has all of two dings...It has a few rock chips, but nothing too major..and best of all, its 90% original (There was a well done repair on the door that I trust I can work with)

If I can budget it, the car is going the proper swiss ruby mica with the ebony mica as the black. Of course, thatll be after other things
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten