View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Early vs Late Exhaust Differences?

I had occasion to be under both my '93 wreck, and my recently purchased '97, looking to correct an exhaust leak, and found curious differences in the exhaust(s). I've done a brief search on the subject with negligible results, so thought to ask.
It appears my '93 has the spring bolts at the front and rear of the 2-1 cat, using doughnut style gasketry, verified by my FSM, where my '97 has 4 nut/bolts at the front, using a metal/fiber gasket, and spring-bolts at the rear, using doughnut style. My question follows:

Looking at subaruparts.com diagram it appears there are also doughnut style seals (44184 No 1) fitted with the flat gasket (44184A No 2) , centering the two tubes exiting the flange at the front on the pass-throughs on the metal/fiber flat gasket . Is this correct? If so I guess I can see where my ultimate fix is, as they are missing on the '97.

Any help??

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket