View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Team ONeill Rally School

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
Trevor:
As always you are an exemplar of how to win friends and influence people. I have to ask: Did your mother even like you?

Yes, it does move sideways. The gravel had been wetted down, so that turning the wheel did almost nothing. I was doing left foot braking, and was doing trail brake turning as opposded to pendulum turns. We did a lot of practice of those, but I wasn't yet confident to be able to place them on a narrow road.
Dear dear, Dan:

In another thread you have questioned my knowledge of racing driving. There is no reason at all why I should not have put a straight question to you. Just why was a clear question so unjust? There was nothing hidden between the lines.

You should address members directly, rather than reply with a nasty sarcastic question. As it happens my mother was an unfortunate complicated personality and an alcoholic. P.S. Use this statement as a means of posting further personal sarcasm, and I will have your guts for garters, regardless.

The evidence you present illustrates a sunday drive, as is confirmed by several very experienced long time friends, with whom I am laughing at this moment. Dale Carniege will not provide the influence you require in order to join them even remotely.

The bonnet/hood line provides an exact indication of the angle of the car and the road. The car does not deviate sideways from the line of travel. There is no evidence of understeering and or lack of controllability. Turning the wheel was obviously effective, however it is noted that the driver is sitting too close. Yes due to the surface, steering could have been a little on the light side and for you, frightening.

By our standards you were driving on a very wide road, with loads of run off room provided in case you got into any trouble. As for the left foot braking and pendulum turns, pull the other tit.

When, if ever you gain experience, you will discover that wet gravel is less slippery than dry. We here have experienced both, when within a short time, it has started to rain heavily halfway through timed speed events, involving repetitive runs on the same course.

I now have a second question, i.e. at what speeds were you travelling. Here right now, we are discussing the speed at which you could/should have been travelling. Exaggeration will be unwise in view of the evidence on hand.

I will now stand by for you to push the button so that the clique can intervene and ban me. Good way out for you, for sure.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-14-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: P.S. Added