View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I picked up the bushings on the way into work this morning and talked to the guy who pressed them out. He ended up machining a piece of 3/16 flat stock with a hole in it the size of the bushing and a 1/16" machined rim for the control arm frame to rest in. Then he cut it in half and slid it in between the control arm and the bushing lip and pressed it out.

Now on to the problem... One of the control arm bushings committed suicide during the removal process. The outer ring was perforated with rust and collapsed while being pushed out. It was all greasy and I was in a suit so I didn't do too much investigation so I couldn't tell which bushing it was. I'm hoping it was the normal one, not the double one but I won't know until I get them washed off and compare them to the control arm.

I will post pictures tonight. If needed, I can take in the other control arm in and have the bushings pressed out of that one.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker