View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Joel

Re: Every member please check in here!

Hi everyone! Fairly new here, just purchased a beautiful 96 LSi in Laguana Blue. I am the second owner, and with 74,000 miles, it was in good enough condition to sell at a Subaru dealer. Interior is mint, no rips in leather, cracks or scuffs whatsoever. Outside, the lights and grille need to be reconditioned as the are a little yellow, but not bad. The paint was in good condition for being 13 years old, the worst being the rear spoiler. It was thin in a few spots, and had the normal dings in the hood from rock chips. I saw another member that had good success at Maaco, and decided to get the spoiler painted. $275 to remove, paint, and reinstall. $1050 to paint the whole car with Dupont, 2 stage, their best job, including repainting all the wipers (surface rust) and sanding down the hood to bare metal to fix the dings. I talked him down to $900. It looks AWESOME! The SVX decals on the sides shattered upon removal, so I need to pick up a set of those. It could use a set of speakers, I hear a little valve tapping too. No transmission or bearing issues at this time. Still in 3 month bumper to bumper, so back it goes to check the engine noise and to have the front rotors cut, A GREAT RIDE!! My wife and I are hardcore Subaru people, we have an 06 Forester X Premium and 06 Outback L.L Bean. I attached a few photos, let me know what you think! You can see the other cars in the background. Thanks, Joel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 108.JPG (276.3 KB, 1061 views)
File Type: jpg 110.JPG (278.1 KB, 1028 views)
File Type: jpg 111.JPG (128.2 KB, 1048 views)
File Type: jpg 112.JPG (125.8 KB, 1024 views)
File Type: jpg 113.JPG (113.0 KB, 1059 views)