View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: How I see SVX World Network

Different strokes for different folks.

The system is designed for diversity, so people can read in what order they like, use what skins they like.

So Cal, you have just illuminated something that has irked me since we started this forum. I have mine set up in the Oldest First order, so I have to scroll down to the latest post[but I normally use the New Posts feature to check what threads have new replies] So I normally say things like "As discussed above in an earlier post"

I've often wondered how somebody can come into a thread, answer a point or ask a question, and I'm thinking "Why did he ask/say that? It was discussed about 5/10 posts back"

Now I know why.

It's obviously those with the Newest First option switched on. Want to say something, but too busy/can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread posters. This smacks of short little span of attention / don't respect other's opinion but I want you to hear mine to me.

I reckon that Trevor is seeing the same effect, I'm with him on this. Since the forums started I have never used the "Ignore posts from this member" feature out of innate respect for everybody. I think maybe I will shortly put it into action.

You can't be bothered, I can't be bothered. Life's too short.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl