View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
What about just mixing in a pint of tuolene and a pint of xylene with a tank of gas? I got the idea from Gads he told me to go to a paint store and you can get a 10 gallon container of each. I don't remember what exact octane ended up being but I think that it was around 99. The only thing is that one of the chemicals is for cleaning your valves and the other is the actual octane booster. I gotta get a hold of him and find out which was which.
Methanol/water injection work differently than toluene or xylene. Methanol/water are not actually octane boosters. Their purpose is to cool the combustion chamber and slow the burn of the fuel. An octane booster will slow the burn but will not cool the combustion chamber.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.