View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Boy thlk about your bad day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
We had a pretty bad day yesterday. The economy here is doing pretty bad lately. Business going under and people getting laid off. A friend of ours last month got hit wit a $800 dollar a month pay cut. He started looking around for a new job. Yesterday they called my wife and told her some bad news. He has a new job. They are moving to Iowa in 3 weeks. They are our best friends and probubly the nicest people I've ever met.
Then yesterday afternoon my wife called her boss at the resturant to ask if see could take the bar shift. He told her that he had already promised on of the other girls they could have ot, but he needed to talk to her. Yesterday evening she met up with him for the talk. He told her that the resturant was bankrupt and wouldnt be opening this morning. So now both her and her 20 year old daughter (who was helping pay the rent) are without jobs. The daughter just lost $150 dollars a week (part-time) and my wife is out $3300 a month counting the tips.
Keep your chin up buddy. Sounds like the month I had in August. Everything I did went wrong...even the simplest things. Of course the best was when I got a call from the neighbor telling me my house was on fire. I rushed home to find the separate garage lightning-struck and the firefighters trying to put out the fire.

Bye bye, SVX parts, collectibles, mowers (one good reel one), yard tools, furniture, yada, yada, yada. Now I need to have 3 60' trees cut because they were burned pretty bad and I didn't have insurance on the separate unit so no claims can be filed. Had to pay property tax, car tag tax, and a bunch of other unexpected expenses.

On a good note, after the trees are cut, I can build something bigger n better on the spot...