View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 11:58 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
hehe. I know what you mean... but I mean in GENERAL, the guy with the new car is going to be smarter than the guy driving the beat up 1984 cavalier.

- Ca$h
You have a very twisted value of what constitutes intelligence and the indications of it. I have known smart people on both ends of the spectrum. I've actually found to the contrary. There are much smarter people in the lesser ranks than many CEO's who buy 6,500.00 shower curtains (there's ONE clue). I have seen CEO's of companies who, without the competent, lesser paid people to make them look good, wouldn't be able to tie their shoes. These are generally those who've inherited their positions, rather than worked for them. Nonetheless, I've seen a lot of "rich" people who are extremely unintelligent. On the other hand, I've seen very poor people who have been genius. So much so that people fear them and will not hire them.

There are people who actually "perceive" me to be wealthy (often, because of the car I drive )who couldn't be further from wrong.

There are those who perceive me to be smart. Another mistake.

If half of the CEO's and Educators for whom I write brochures, videos and speeches, were aware of my income and/or, my educational background, they would likely clutch their hearts and fall into a heap on their marble floors. Meanwhile, I'll keep collecting their letters extolling the virtues of my talents.

Perception vs Reality. If we have not experienced the reality, we are only left with the perception. Since we likely won't be associated with each other in the future, I will revel now in the thoughts of when you are finally introduced to the realities that will correct your perceptions. That day WILL come.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 09-19-2002 at 12:01 PM.