View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange179
I've got to say that this is a great discussion. I'll be really glad when we get it all sorted out for the '92s and can all have a reliable way of reading these ECU's. At this point the only possible assistance I might be able to offer is that I recently bought a SSM ver1 and I might be able to open it up and check out what it's using for interface circuitry. I'm not sure how helpful that will be but thought I'd offer.

Incidentally, if anyone knows the part number for the OBD1 SVX cartridge that goes in the SSM v1 I'd be happy to have that info.

Thanks, and good luck moving forward.

Jay
Thanks for the offer of help. One of the things I would like to try at some point is for somebody to use an adapter box in reverse. ie. Connect a PC to the select monitor instead of the ECU. Then record the commands that the SSM sends to the ECU to see what memory locations it queries in each mode.

I've seen that part number in the service manual somewhere. I'll have a look for it.

It's great the way people are taking an interest in this thread. The other day somebody emailed me a 7700 simulator/debugger. I can load the ECU dump into it, run the code and watch how it works. It makes following the code so much easier.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II