View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:38 PM
mark10t

update to MY last post- I just got stopped last night by a County Sheriff. (first stop in a couple of years.) I was probably doing 71-72 in a 55 zone about 9:30PM last night. (Coming home from the Mpls. Auto Show with the wife.) He did a quick u-turn with his lights flashing on Hwy. 8 just after he went by me. Must of had a laser or something, because my radar detector didn't squawk a bit. I pulled over immediately upon seeing him in the rear-view mirror and thought (hoped?!) he might just be on his way to another call. Nope- he pulled in after me and I threw on the 4-way flashers. Long pause while he probably runs the plate through (while the wife gives me crap). He asked if I knew why he stopped me- 'No, sir' (I knew...... ) and asked if I knew how fast I was going 'Not completely sure of the exact speed, Sir' (I knew it was about 72). He asked for license and proof of insurance- I dig it out, but my insurance card is last year's- and so is the one in the glove box- and the wife's is in her other purse. He goes back to the squad car an makes me stew a while longer.

He comes back and lets me off with a verbal warning to 'keep my speed down' and to refresh my insurance card in my wallet.

It pays to be polite and cooperative.

-Mark