View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 09:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
I'm not too sure about trannies and recalls, but I can tell you that not all Legacys and Imprezas are AWD. AWD wasn't standard until about '97-'98. I beleive if it's a Brighton (either model), it's FWD, and if it's an L, it could be either FWD or AWD. Not to sure about ABS, but it probably wasn't standard al least until AWD was, if at all.
Actually, the Brighton was an attempt by Subaru to market their admittedly pricey cars (compared to a Corolla or Camry, for example*) to the 'young and active' buyer. They were lower-priced, but came with AWD and a 5-speed. To hit this lower price and offer AWD, they cut corners in the weirdest places. My wife's Legacy is a Brighton (with the optional auto) and it doesn't have a tach, didn't have a cigarette lighter (I transplanted the lighter from my '85 GL), has no power anything, etc. And, get this - it's missing the little wheel on each vent that closes it off. As I said - weird.

All Brightons are, by definition, AWD cars.

Unless they're broken.

*Thankfully, Subaru has stopped trying to compare their cars to Corollas and Camrys. They're finally developing an image of their own, instead of trying to emulate other companies while making a cool, distinct product that they seem ashamed to market as such.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE