Thread: Cop
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 11:06 AM

Subafreak said:
Quote:
I can buy the speed part of the story, I got a ticket for 75 in a 35 and passing in a no passing zone..IT cost me $650, but 60 in a 25 isn't all that crazy. There are alot of roads in RI that are WAY under rated for speed. It all depends on the road.
While doing 60 in a 25mph zone, may not be CRAZY (your right in that to call it crazy it does indeed depend on the road itself) it is plain STUPID! Speed limits are there for a reason (not saying I don't drive over the posted on occasion) and that reason doesn't always have to do with the road itself. It may also have to do with surroundings of the road (ie:lot's of commercial properties)
that may have traffic pulling off and on the road. It could be a residential area that has kids playing in it (and kids have been know to run out into normaly quiet streets) or possiably a blind/deaf person living on it..........Im sure we all get the point.

I will agree that there are roads in RI (and elsewhere as well) that have limit's on them that are under rated for speed (way under rated or otherwise), but even still, going over twice the posted limit is just plain stupid, and asking for trouble

(all of which is totaly irrelivent in this case, since the original post was BS)