View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Cumberland AX Sept 19 and 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Are you serious. Powersteering is for PU$$IES who can't turn a freaking wheel. Removing it added .3 tenths to Dave and my times. If you can't drive a car without PS you might want to shop for a Buick. They have nice easy turn turn wheels.

As for the clutch, that clutch is brand new 0 miles installed by YT as we fried the other one just as quick. I guess 5 speed clutches simply can't handle the horsepower.

I sure hope any weight was taken off of the right areas rather than OT trying to raise his center of gravity. Oh and you need to remember that PS pump and bracket weigh in around the same as Jerry's dinner!

I can BENCH PRESS a small Buick!! I had to 'decide' if I was going to 'shift' or make the next gate!
One time I shifted and took the gate with me.

The smaller wheel made it a DIFFERENT car! I actually drove it to work 2 days on a dealer tag before I hit the tarmac.

The car is a BLAST to drive, but it is REALLY hard to steer and shift at the same time.

BTW I did post a 55.123 with (1) cone. (and a slipping clutch)

I had a chance to launch it 5 times on a "CLOSED course" over Labor day weekend. The clutch slipped on the first launch.
I backed down on all the rest of them.

I also had an issue with the 2nd to 3rd shift. 2 times, it jammed up and I had to drop back to second. (at the AX) Cost a couple seconds...

As we get used to each other, I'm sure the times will drop.

I have NO bad things to say about your race car!!
It was a PLEASURE to occupy the seat!

Now, we move FORWARD!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry