View Single Post
Old 12-28-2001, 06:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Part of my CD collection in my car is "Wagner's Greatest Hits" which includes some of his more "Wagnerian" opera pieces. LIving in rural (and I mean rural) Kentucky, I obviously could not let anyone know that I was listening to classical in my younger years. My family members would've thought I was "funny." Not funny "ha ha" but funny . . . well, if you watched Slingblade, you know how that phrase ends (must be PC ).

As far as the others on your list, I was introducing many of them to the public (BTO) and spinning the others as "Golden Oldies" (yes, spinning . . . real vinyl on real turntables) during my radio days (72-84), the last years of which our top 40 station changed to 'Easy Favorites" with the "Chairman" "Barbara" a little "Stan Goetz" "Englebert" et al.

I detest Country Western music (my parents OD'd me on it when I was young), and can only listen to Bluegrass (Owensboro, by the way, is home to the IBMA -- International Bluegrass Music Association) when I've had, at least, a keg of beer (blue grass, BTW, is something I used to smoke -- we called it "moldy dope").

I think this course has already been completed. So theyah!
Randy,

I have a set of old Doo Wop records. They are the original Moonglows on the Chess record label. These records are 78's.
That's 78 rpms to you youngsters. I can still play them on my turntable.

Larry III