View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Re: For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
It will be a challenge to slide the cage back into the dash with all of the wires hanging out the back. There won't be any easy way to coil them up behind the radio/cage.
This is definitely the hard part. I had a heck of a time when I installed the WRX 6-disc unit in mine. David's wiring harness was the easiest part of the job. Make sure you test the unit before you put it all together again though. I had a bad splice (my fault) and had to rip it all back out again.

Quote:
Perhaps you could tie some pull-strings to the various harnesses (with the other ends of the strings popping out in the foot wells) and pull the the harnesses back into the openings where the antenna and car's radio harness go.
Good idea.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*