Thread: California Gas
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorush
I believe there was a post long time ago, "Gas Prices." Don't remember who started it, but we all agreed that they are going up. We also had different MPG ratings on different SVXes.

Now, to add to that old post, I want to target California in general, and tell how BAD gas is in the bear state, and how MUCH does it really cost.

My bro recently got a 96 Subaru Impreza Outback. Small engine, good gas mileage (relatively), 24 - 25 City, freeway, all the same.

A month after he got the car, we decided to take a little road trip up north. And here are some stats:

1st fill up San Jose - 24.5 MPG (100 % freeway)
2nd fill up Border of Cal and Oregon - 27 MPG (100 % freeway)
3d fill up Portland, Oregon - 31 MPG (80% freeway, 20 % city)
4th fill up Seattle, WA - 28 MPG (90 % freeway, 10 % city)
5th fill up Vancouver, The Beautiful British Columbia (4.1$ per gallon) - 29 MPG.
6th fill up Washington - 28 MPG
7th fill up Oregon - Cal border - 29 MPG
8th fill up Davis, CA - 26 MPG
9th fill up LA, CA - 24 MPG

Now, how about SVX? Unfortunately never made it that far up. However, my recent drives to work showed the following:
San Jose Gas - 23.5 MPG (50% city, 50% freeway)
Sacramento Gas - 26 MPG (95% freeway, 5% city)

So for all you northern states folks, I wouldn't be surprised that your SVX can get 30MPG. California gas is just horrible. We used to have a joke about it back where I am from, we figured our gas was distilled with donkey pee. Well, I haven't seen too many donkeys in CA, I guess it is those happy cows from California.

nik

Did a 350 mile road trip on Mothers day. Subject vehicle, 1997 Outback Limited, 2.5, 132K.
Changed oil, added Lucas, new plugs, Knock sensor, air filter, ( Framed it), checked tire pressure, (inflated them a little extra), used A/C a little, ran WITH traffic, passengers plus cargo, !,000#.

Got 24.5 MPG using all the tricks.

Last road trip, got over 28, with NO attempt to 'squeeze' the mileage!

WE are being SHAFTED! Bigger prices for less product!

From the 'former' Free State, Maryland.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 07-19-2007 at 12:18 AM.