View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 07:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
Still getting codes after changnt out parts.

I have been having problems for a while with slow starting, hesitation on acceleration, and starter solenoid clicking and not starting, and maybe other things that I can't think of right now.. Well I replaced the TPS, the two crank sensors under the alternator, and put a relay between the starter wire and the solenoid on the starter,, I saw that on this forum and though it was worth a try even though I do think my ignition switch is getting weak, I used a starter solenoid off a riding mower, that way just ground the base to the firewall and then you only have three wires to contend with, it was a very simple install..And now even my remote start works everytime. So after doing those thing, the car works 98% better, but the thing is, I tried a couple of times to clear the codes but after driving only a couple of miles the check engine light comes on and stays on, it used to come on and after a while it would go out and maybe not come on for several days, the codes I get are just the same as before I did the repairs. 11 = crank sensor , 28 = knock sensor #2, and 37 = Oxygen sensor #2. and as it is running so much better I can't see the same things being wrong . I first just unhooked the neg. side of the battery and rehooked it, then since that didn't work I tried what I saw on this forum, to unhook the battery and turn the ignition switch on along with the light and even touched the neg to the pos. terminals together. and still the same codes. if all else fails I will just put a piece of black tape over the light as that pesters me to see any lights on that shouldn't be,, Anyone got any ideas as to why it is running so much better but are still showing the same codes...Oh by the way, in one post it said to use the big black plug to put the blue wire in, but I tried that and nothing happened so I used the smaller black plug and got the light response to check the codes.. Thanks. Vernon
Oh, I am still having the going in and out of overdrive some when just going down the road at normal speed with or with the cruise control on, I changed the TPS as I said but didn't have a speed sensor to try as I think Harvey suggested, but if it were the speed sensor would the speedometer still read right... "well as right as a SVX speedometer can get anyway"

Last edited by rayford; 08-20-2006 at 07:39 AM.