Thread: Funny Video
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arondale
Not only did he wreck is redneck truck, but he hit a telephone pole AND a fire hydrant.

If you are found guilty of wrong doing, believe it or not (in GA anyways), hitting a telephone or hydrant is considered destruction of governmental property and is a felony. Telephone poles are $2000-$4500 depending on size and material. I have not a clue what a hydrant costs, but probably around $800-$1200 stuck to the tax payers to replace.

Funny thing...I didn't see water spraying anywhere.

I'm sure he is feeling like the ultimate dumbass.

arondale
in jersey at least, telephone poles are more like 5,000 dollars (after uhauls insurance made a payment!). i know this because i have a friend that took one out, after falling asleep behind the wheel.

the reason why there was no water spraying around is because there is some type of protective shut off that is under the ground. when i went on my ride-along with the PD, there was a drunk that took out a fire hydrant with his cougar...no water, but all the police on duty came running just to see the water spraying, boy were they disappointed.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.