View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because it contains information relevant to the supplements I'm about to add to it. This way, if somehow I miss something in what I'm about to post, there are five pages of material to cover it.

I want to return to the "turn signals dim the panel indicators" issue, but this time I'm adding something else into the mix: the brake pedal dims the indicators too. Just touching the pedal enough to activate the rear lights causes the same indicators that dim with the turn signals to dim. Here's a video I took of the dimming caused by tapping the brake pedal.

Interesting, eh? Now, this one thought occurred to me... the turn signals dim the indicators and headlights. The brake lights dim the indicators and headlights. And the trunk illumination light does not come on (I've replaced the bulb with a brand new one to no avail). My focus is (perhaps wrongly?) shifting to the tail section of the car.

Speculation aside, I also have videos for the turn signal phenomena. Firstly, since now I have actual working backlit gauges, I noticed that the gauge illumination isn't as affected by the turn signals as the other indicators are. That is, the indicators which are NOT on the illumination circuit (shift indicator, dash warning indicators, etc) seem to dim more than the gauge illumination does. Odd. Here's a video to demonstrate that.

And finally, a video to clearly, clearly, clearly show what happens when you turn on the turn signals or the hazard switch. Note that when either turn signal is on you get significant dimming, whereas when I turn on the hazard switch the dimming is not nearly as apparent.

I did take a video to demonstrate the "turn signal being on makes climate control speed up" phenomenon, but the microphone on my camera only picked up the wind noise and not the fan noise.

Do the videos make it clearer for everyone as to what my problem is? I hope so. And perhaps it will finally answer the age-old question...

...is Nomake's SVX actually broken or is this normal?

Last edited by Nomake Wan; 08-01-2007 at 04:17 AM.