View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: What else have you fitted a EG33 into?

• I remember seeing a UK Brat/Brumby converted to use a 3.3 engine from the SVX. It was for sale on eBay. Good acceleration.
  • Lately there have been discussions on the Network about an Impreza running a 3.3 flat six.
  • On top of that there is some guy in Oz or NZ who has put in an EG33 to his '99 Sti Impreza coupe. He is using a turbo and expects maybe 700hp plus. Not too sure if it is finished yet.
  • It seems to be pretty common in Western Australia to buy SVX front cuts from Japan and install the EG33 in sand rails or dune buggys. They race them there a lot.
  • I have seen a photo of a very professional fitting of an EG33 in a power boat.
  • The most common crossover fitment for the flat six is to the VW Vanagon, replacing the flat four engine under the floor. [They may also be known as the Caravelle. Vanagon is the USA name for them]
  • Another possible donor that has been converted is the Porsche 914/6. It fits easily and makes it really move along smartly.
  • At least one person has opted to fit a Subaru 3.3 to a Porsche 911.
I expect there are a few more out there. Those are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl